ROVOP, the global subsea robotics specialist, is looking for an innovative and dynamic Systems Engineer to join its technology team in Aberdeen.
ROVOP has, since its inception, used the very latest in subsea robotics systems to deliver a high quality and reliable service. We recognise the continuing pace of innovation within our industry and intend to remain at the forefront by shaping exciting new developments to meet our clients’ needs.
ROVOP’s technology team is tasked with supporting the evolution of the business services lines and support the development of existing or new assets. These include initiatives around onshore mission support and next generation subsea robotic systems.
Reporting to the Head of Technology, the Systems Engineer will work in cross-functional teams to deliver projects forming part of ROVOP’s technology roadmap. The Systems Engineer must have a digital-era mindset, working closely with colleagues in IT and Business Systems to maximise the synergies between operational and information technologies.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in system integration and digital technologies, desirable technical skills include:
- Video processing and streaming over IP networks
- Networks including Wide Area Networking (WAN) technologies
- Satellite Communications Systems
- Robotics and telepresence
- Remote Computing
- Business Systems and Applications
- Data engineering and analysis
- VR/AR and Simulation.
Candidates must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. They should be willing to challenge convention whilst remaining open-minded to suggestions from all levels within the business.
Experience in the subsea sector is advantageous, but applications are encouraged from candidates in adjacent sectors with relevant experience.
- Deliver applied technology projects in line with the business requirements
- Create system drawings and documentation
- Arrange procurement activities, manage external vendors and partners
- Manage build and test of systems, co-ordinating appropriate resources
- Work with stakeholders to continually evaluate system requirements and project goals
- Communicate emerging risks in a timely manner to appropriate stakeholders
- Present technologies and project status to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Author and present papers at industry conferences.
- 5yrs+ in a systems engineering role
- Experience in vendor and 3rd party management
- An understanding of project and product life cycle management
- Experience in working in cross functional business improvement teams
- Demonstrable commitment to personal development and technical learning
- Health, safety, environmental and quality awareness
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, specifications and guidelines.
- Recognised engineering or scientific qualification.