IT Graduate Apprentice
ROVOP have a unique opportunity for an IT Graduate Apprentice to work in our Westhill office in Aberdeen, while studying for a 4-year BSc (Hons) IT Management for Business at Robert Gordon University.
The full time role will involve working at ROVOP, helping with day to day tasks whilst working towards the degree, completing some of the course deliverables in the workplace.
On successful completion of each stage the student will receive the following award:
Stage 1: Certificate of Higher Education (CertHE) Computing for Business
Stage 2: Diploma of Higher Education (DipHE) IT Management for Business
Stage 3: BSc IT Management for Business
Stage 4: BSc (Hons) IT Management for Business
Further details of the course is available on the RGU website
Key responsibilities for the role will typically be as follows:
- Configuring new users and computers
- Installation of hardware and software
- Support with MS Office
- Ensuring that software and operating systems are up to date
- Deploying patches to Computers and Servers
- Documenting and reporting on the IT systems
- Assisting with sourcing IT parts and equipment
- Provision of general IT support, working with external IT support as required
- Assist in set up and ongoing maintenance of phone and video conferencing systems
- Provision of admin support for the Company’s business systems
- Assist with keeping ROVOP abreast of the latest technologies
To minimise business disruption there may be an occasional requirement for out of hours work. Travel to vessels or other ROVOP offices may also be required.
- School Leavers - SQA Higher BBBC and two further passes to include English and Maths at National 5 grade C or above if not held at Higher.
- Applicants who have successfully completed two Advanced Highers (or equivalent), including Computing and another numerate subject, may be eligible.
- Foundation and Modern Apprenticeships (SCQF 6)
- SVQs/NVQs, non-relevant HNCs, access programmes and overseas qualifications
- Applications from students with non-standard qualifications or work experience will be considered on an individual basis, e.g. A minimum of one year of experience in a relevant work environment where the applicant has demonstrated the development of key computing skills evidenced through a detailed CV
Essential Qualities (the ideal candidate should be):
- Well organised and self-motivated
- Reliable, enthusiastic and able to work effectively in a team
- Have excellent attention to detail and accurate record keeping